Tuesday 14 January 2014

Happy New Year

I know its a bit late, but Happy New Year to you all.

Doesn't seem like 2 weeks since the turn of the year but it is.

If you remember in my last post, I was organising a Xmas craft fayre here on the island; and although sadly it wasn't very well attended, I did manage to raise £50 for Macmillan, and the local Macmillan fundraising group raised £80 on their home baking stall so all in all, it was a good day for Macmillan.

My craft clear out is ongoing and I have raised almost £100 from that and I also had a Boxing Day sale on my Facebook page which raised another £73. :-)

The new Macmillan Information Service will soon be starting in our local library here in Rothesay. Myself and the other volunteers had another brief meeting today to catch up after Xmas. Looks like we might be ready to roll at the beginning of March. I am really looking forward to this and think it will be a service that will be welcomed by the local community and well used.

Not much else has been happening here - everything seems to shut down during the winter!

The weather has been the only thing that seems to have got much attention. Its been extremely windy and with the winter high tides, we have had quite a lot of flooding in town and low lying areas of the island. It has also been extremely mild for the time of year which is fine by me as it keeps the heating bills down!!


No comments:

Post a Comment