Tuesday 19 May 2020

What day of the year is it?????

So,  how is every one coping with lockdown, isolation, boredom & not having anyone interesting to talk too?

To be totally honest with you, nothing much has changed for me as I'm virtually housebound most of the time due to various health issues. Up until lockdown became official I'd only been out of the house 5 times since last September.

The only thing I am missing is the hour or so to my self that I got each weekday morning when hubby used to pop into town on the bus to the shops. That was his little routine and it gave me a chance to sit in absolute peace and quiet (apart from noisy neighbours, barking dogs & lawnmowers!!) and just chill out.

My mental health hasn't been all that good for the past few years since cancer came into my life but I've tried hard to not let it get to the point where it totally controls my life. I have my ups & downs like most people but the fact that I can sense the darkness descending means I am able to work through it and not let it take control.

Thankfully there are a lot more people being open about their mental health issues (at least online) which is good. Seeing posts on social media about awareness is good but that only works if you walk the talk. If you have friends who have mental health issues then it is important that you really are ready to listen to them if and when they take the huge step and open up to you.

I've seen so many posts on Twitter from people with mental health issues who have said they tried to open up to someone they thought would listen to them only to be met with indifference or getting the brush off and told to "man up". 

There are so many people who are really struggling at the moment during the current situation; many were already close to breaking point before this all started and it is only going to get worse.

Please, if you know of someone who has mental health issues or who you think may be struggling - let them know you are there for them and mean it. 

If you are the one who is struggling then please reach out. There is always someone out there who will listen. You are not a burden. You are not worthless. 


No comments:

Post a Comment